One of the things I enjoy best is singing the praises of Astoria’s outstanding food offerings. Today, August 20th, happens to be my birthday, and it would absolutely, totally make my day if everyone added these 20 things to their Astoria eating itineraries. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but I promise if you work your way through it you will eat well and be merry!
1. Go to Duzan and order the Chicken Shawarma sandwich.
2. Eat a massive slice of Cheese Burek at Ukus.
3. Have dinner at Gregory’s 26 Corner Taverna.
4. Order the Panzanella Salad at Vesta (it’s on the seasonal menu NOW!).
5. Get the White Slice at Sac’s.
6. Visit Artopolis, try everything.
7. Try a Frappe from To Laiko.
8. Order the Da Casa sandwich at Pao de Quiejo.
9. Scarf down the Chicken and Rice at King of Falafel & Shawarma.
10. Get the Greek Fries at BZ Grill.
11. Stand in line at El Rey Del Taco Truck, get the chicken or salted beef tacos.
12. Try the Chicken Souvlaki Platter with Hand Cut Fries from Souvlaki King of Astoria.
14. Order the Scallops at Taverna Kyclades.
15. Sample the Ricotta Cheese Pastizzi at Leli’s Bakery.
16. Get the Hummus, Babaganoush, Falafel Pita at Jerusalem Pita House (a/k/a Pita Hot).
17. Try the homemade Loukomades at Cafe Boulis.
18. Buy the Smoked Mozzarella at Sorriso Italian Pork Store.
19. Splurge on the Double Cheeseburger at Petey’s Burger.
20. Take yourself out to Trattoria L’Incontro for a special occasion! Like a Birthday!